twitter Update

Md Shahin Kabir

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gentle words to Parents

Taysala ibn Mayyas said, "I was with the Najadites [Kharijites] when I committed wrong actions
which I supposed were major wrong actions. I mentioned that to Ibn 'Umar. He inquired, 'What are
they?" I replied, 'Such-and-such.' He stated, 'These are not major wrong actions. There are nine major
wrong actions. They are: associating others with Allah, killing someone, desertion from the army
when it is advancing, slandering a chaste woman, usury, consuming an orphan's property, heresy in
the mosque, scoffing, and causing one's parents to weep through disobedience.' Ibn 'Umar then said to
me, 'Do you wish to separate yourself from the Fire? Do you want to enter the Fire?' 'By Allah, yes!' I
replied. He asked, 'Are your parents still alive?' I replied, 'My mother is.' He said, 'By Allah, if you
speak gently to her and feed her, then you will enter the Garden as long as you avoid the major wrong
actions.'"Hisham ibn 'Urwa related this ayat from his father, "Take them under your wing, out of mercy, with
due humility." (17:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

সাহুরী ও ইফতারের সময় সুচী [ঢাকা বাংলাদেশ] - রামাদান হিজরী ১৪৩৭, বঙ্গাব্দ ১৪২৩